1st timer… bone-in chicken thighs w/potatoes — what can I prep in advance? How do I not mess this up? Recipe & questions in post.
I’ve never cooked bone-in chicken thighs in a slow cooker (or possibly ever), but plan to follow [this recipe for garlic parm chicken thigh & potatoes](https://damndelicious.net/2016/05/27/slow-cooker-garlic-parmesan-chicken-potatoes/). Few questions:
* Should I do anything to the chicken thighs in advance (tonight)? Like, a rub of some sort?
* Can I add yellow onion to this? If so, at what point?
* Per the recipe, I bought “baby red potatoes” but am afraid they’ll turn to mush… should I just cut them in half (not quarter)? I also got a couple large red potatoes and Yukon (just in case?).
* I also have boneless/skinless chx thighs…is that safer?
* I’ll sear the chicken as instructed, but is that what makes it “crispy” or do I need to broil after?
I’m a terrible cook and really want to make something that another human will want to eat… it’s so upsetting to try and fail, would love to get this right.
Appreciate any tips or guidance – thank you!!